DOUBLE FRONTED SHOP PREMISES WITH 4 BEDROOMED FAMILY ACCOMMODATION AND COASTAL VIEWS
* Popular village centre location
* Double fronted shop unit circa 755 sq.ft (70 sq.m) with front display area
* Four bedroomed family accommodation over two floors, with views over Bideford Bay and Northam Burrows
* Rear garden and basement suitable for storage, workshop, studio space
* Double glazing and central heating
* Potential home and income for owner occupiers or conversion to two shop units and two flats, subject to planning permission
* Suitable for restaurant, take-away, tea room use, subject to PP
Westward Ho! represents a tourist trap destination just two miles from Bideford on the Torridge estuary and 11 miles from Barnstaple, North Devon's regional centre. Bideford has a population in the order of 13,000 and Westward Ho! combined with Northam has a population in the order of 9,500.
Nelson Road is the main arterial road which leads through this busy North Devon expanding resort village. Westward Ho! is renowned for its pebble ridge, access to the Torridge estuary and the famous sandy beach. Residential developers have taken advantage of the coastal location and views having constructed many unique coastal apartments. The subject property is within the central core of the village close to the main municipal car park and village green. Retailers close by include Nisa / Post Office, Co-Operative Supermarket, Hardware Shop, Chemist and Butchers.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The building is of two storey construction under a pitched slate roof, with a brick faced elevation to the front at first floor level and a double fronted shop at ground floor. The shop unit extends to circa 755 sq.ft (70 sq.m) with an extensive 29'9 (9.05 m) frontage and pavement display. There is access to the basement from the rear of the shop which could provide storage, workshop, studio space etc. The commercial and residential parts can be accessed separately with two side entrances to the owners accommodation, which at ground floor is configured as lounge, office (potential dining room) and kitchen diner with the two main rooms having views over the rear garden and Bideford Bay. The first floor provides four bedrooms, two of which have views over Bideford Bay and Northam Burrows with the accommodation benefitting from double glazing and central heating. Buyers may wish to consider conversion of the building to form 2 shop units and 2 residential units (one ground floor and one first floor), subject to planning permission. Our client currently rents a garage close-by for £30 per month, which she has done for over 20 years.
Our client is inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
RATES AND COUNCIL TAX
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £8,000 Rates Payable: £3,856 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
29'9 max x 30'11 max (9.05m x 9.40m) NIA 755 sq.ft (70 sq.m) Double fronted shop unit with double entrance doors, tiled floor, strip lighting, spot lighting, outside display area, door to basement and separate doorway to ground floor hallway
Self contained entrance to the side of the property with storm porch leading to:-
Hallway with laminate flooring, security alarm, storage
KITCHEN / DINER
Eye and base units, sink unit, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, views over garden and Bideford Bay
20'11 x 11'10 (6.35m x 3.60m) Radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, views over gadren and Bideford Bay
10'3 x 8'0 (3.10m x 2.45m) Potential dining room, carpet, radiator heating
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
Landing with carpet, walk in wardrobe
18'2 to bay window x 15'6 (5.55m x 4.70m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
18'3 to bay window x 11'7 (5.55m x 3.55m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
15'4 to bay window x 10'11 (4.65m x 3.30m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, views over Bideford Bay and Northam Burrows
15'4 x 10'4 (4.65m x 3.15m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, views over Bideford Bay and Northam Burrows
3 piece bathroom with carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, corner shower, corner bath, wash hand basin
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
To the rear of the property is a rear garden which is part patio and part laid to lawn with floral borders. There is also access from the garden to the basement which has a floor area of 1,443 sq.ft (134.sqm) of which approximately 2/3 is height restricted. This area could be used for storage, workshop etc.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the joint sole selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org