DETACHED SHOP PREMISES AND 2 / 3 BEDROOMED APARTMENT WITH REAR CAR PARKING - POTENTIAL REDEVELOPMENT SUBJECT TO PP
* Popular village centre location
* Detached premises with side driveway and car parking behind
* Double fronted shop unit with numerous ancillary areas
* Commercial parts extending to 1,837 sq.ft (171 sq.m)
* Two / three bedroomed first floor flat - Main bedroom with sea views
* Potential conversion to residential of main building, subject to PP
* Redevelopment potential of rear car park, subject to PP
Westward Ho! represents a tourist trap destination just two miles from Bideford on the Torridge estuary and 11 miles from Barnstaple, North Devon's regional centre. Bideford has a population in the order of 13,000 and Westward Ho! combined with Northam has a population in the order of 9,500.
Nelson Road is the main arterial road which leads through this busy North Devon expanding resort village. Westward Ho! is renowned for its pebble ridge, access to the Torridge estuary and the famous sandy beach. Residential developers have taken advantage of the coastal location and views having constructed many unique coastal apartments. The subject property is within the central core of the village close to the main municipal car park and village green. Retailers close by include Nisa / Post Office, Co-Operative Supermarket, Hardware Shop, Chemist and Butchers.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is of two storey construction with rendered elevations under a pitched slate roof. There are latter single storey extensions to the rear which provide further floor space for the commercial parts which in total provides 1,837 sq.ft (171 sq.m). To the front of the premises is a double fronted shop unit with considerable floor space behind including bakery, preparation areas and garages. At first floor level is a two / three bedroomed flat with kitchen, lounge / diner and bathroom. An important feature of the detached property is that it has its own private car park which is accessed via a driveway to the side of the property. It is thought that new owners may seek to convert some of the commercial parts to residential units with off road car parking or undertake development within the rear car park, subject to suitable planning permission.
Our client is inviting offers for the Freehold interest with an "Overage Agreement" to be agreed for any development of the rear car park.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £11,000 Rates Payable: £5,302 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
31'7 max x 20'5 (9.65m x 6.20m) NIA 543 sq.ft (50 sq.m) Double fronted shop unit with double entrance door
13`11 x 8`10 (4.25m x 2.70m) with adjoining 12`5 x 8`10 (3.80m x 2.70m)
28`0 x 13'10 (8.55m x 4.20m) Tiled floor
REAR PREPERATION AREA
12`2 x 8`8 (3.70m x 2.65m)
Central covered service entrance providing access to upper floors
16`11 x 9`1 (5.15m x 2.75m) Tiled floor adjoining 11`11 x 9`6 (3.65m x 2.90m) Tiled floor
16`10 x 9`2 (5.15m x 2.80m)
16`11 x 9`4 (5.15m x 2.85m)
Landing with toilet with low level w.c., radiator heating
Bath with electric shower over, wash hand basin, heated towel rail
18'1 to bay window x 14'4 (5.50m x 4.35m) Views over Bristol Channel and village green, radiator heating
Eye and base units, worktops, stainless steel single drainer sink, boiler
13`11 x 13`9 (4.25m x 4.20m) Radiator heating
14`6 x 9`9 (4.40m x 2.95m) Radiator heating
BEDROOM 3 / OFFICE
10`10 x 7`0 (3.30m x 2.15m) Radiator heating
To the side of the property is a driveway which provides access to the rear of the property along with car parking. It is thought this area could be considered for development subject to necessary planning permission.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the joint sole selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org