VILLAGE CENTRE DELICATESSEN WITH POTENTIAL FOR CAFE SEATING
* Coastal village centre trading location
* Best Local Food Retailer Silver award 2016
* Offering deli produce and take-away sandwiches, pasties, pies, salad boxes, cakes, coffee etc
* Currently operated by owner with no staffing, suitable for first business / partnership venture
* Potential to expand retail area to provide further display space or cafe seating
Westward Ho! represents a tourist trap destination just two miles from Bideford on the Torridge estuary and 11 miles from Barnstaple, North Devon's regional centre. Bideford has a population in the order of 13,000 and Westward Ho! combined with Northam has a population in the order of 9,500. Recent investment in the village has increased local trade considerably.
Nelson Road is the main arterial road which leads through this busy North Devon expanding resort village. Westward Ho! is renowned for its pebble ridge, access to the Torridge estuary and the famous sandy beach. Residential developers have taken advantage of the coastal location and views having constructed many unique coastal apartments. The subject property is within the central core of the village close to the main municipal car park and village green. Retailers close by include Post Office, Chemist, Butchers, Bakers plus a host of restaurants.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being within a parade retail premises, the single fronted premises has a double glazed window display and entrance door. The shop area extends to 201 sq.ft (19 sq.m) with an adjoining storeroom of 89 sq.ft (8 sq.m) which is thought could easily be incorporated into the shop to provide more retail space or to introduce cafe trade (subject to PP).
Our client is inviting offers for the leasehold interest, with the current rent being £6,000 per annum.
Our client established the business in 2012 from a "standing start" and is now deciding to sell due to other business commitments. Offering a wide variety of produce the "Deli counter" stocks cheeses, meats, fish, olives, freshly made sandwiches, pies, pasties, salad boxes, hot and cold drinks whilst retail produce stocked includes international foods, local jams, gluten free, vegan produce, teas, coffees etc. Turnover for yearend 2016 produced £45,000 with the business having a number of avenues in which it could expand including the introduction of cafe / eat in trade, extending its portfolio of holiday lets it produces "Welcome Baskets" for. The business is operated solely by our owner client, no staffing, with winter opening hours being 6 days 9.30am - 4pm and summers hours being 9am - 4.30pm 7 days per week. In 2016 the business received Best Local Food Retailer Silver Award.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion, estimated at £1,500 - £3,000 dependent on the time of year.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Arranged as single fronted retail unit with entrance door, stockroom and toilet facilities.
Shop Depth 17`3 (5.25 m)
Internal Width (max) 11`8 (3.55 m)
Gross Internal Area 201 sq.ft 19 sq.m
Specification of the premises oak flooring, strip lighting, base units and worktops, 2 x fridges, microwave, coffee percolator, stainless steel single drainer sink, hot water heater, till, refrigerated serve over display counter, display shelving and racking
Stockroom with oak flooring, freezer, shelving, soup cauldron
Toilet with low level w.c., wash hand basin, shower
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org