TOWN CENTRE PREMISES CURRENTLY CONFIGURED AS TWO SHOPS WITH UPPER FLOORS WITH CONSENT TO CONVERT TO THREE RESIDENTIAL UNITS
* Prominent Town Centre location with extensive frontage
* Currently configured as two retail units but suitable for conversion to one unit if desired, subject to planning
* 1 x retail unit currently let for £5,000 per annum
* Rear access and car parking
* Upper floors with consent to convert to three residential units, 2 x two bedroomed flats and 1 x studio flat
* Straight forward conversion works utilising much of the existing building layout
* Of interest to owner occupier, investors and developers alike
Minehead which is the only town on the coast within the Exmoor National Park has a population of approximately 11,000 and lies approximately five miles to the east of Porlock. There are many attractions within the town of Minehead and in the immediate vicinity, including Butlins Holiday Camp and many sandy beaches.
Park Street is situated within the Town Centre adjoining the main retail parade known as The Avenue, which connects to Warren Road being the Town’s Seafront. There are a wide variety of occupiers in the immediate vicinity including retail, office and leisure users, with national operators close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof, the property has undergone considerable investment during our clients ownership as they have owner occupied part of the premises for their business. Currently configured as two single fronted shop units the premises could be converted to one larger double fronted shop unit if desired, subject to planning permission. At present 14 Park Street provides 338 sq.ft (31 sq.m) of retail space with a further 434 sq.ft (40 sq.m) of ancillary space, with 14a Park Street having a retail area of 324 sq.ft (30 sq.m). Each unit has its own toilet facilities, rear car parking space as well as there being rear access into 14 Park Street. The upper floors were formerly storage with planning consent having been achieved to convert these parts to three residential units, 2 x two bedroomed flats of 770 sq.ft (72 sq.m) and 799 sq.ft (74 sq.m) respectively and 1 x studio flat of 277 sq.ft (26 sq.m). Plans are available from the Agents upon request. It is thought the conversion work should be quite straight forward given the plans utilise the majority of the existing building layout. The planning application number is 3/21/11/118.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest with full vacant possession. 14a Park Street is currently let for £5,000 per annum.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
14 PARK STREET - GROUND FLOOR
Shop depth 20`3 (6.15m) x width 16'8 (5.10m) GIA 338 sq.ft (31 sq.m) Single fronted shop unit, parquet flooring, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, toilet facilities
16`0 x 9`0 (4.85m x 1.80m) Down lighters
Base units, worktops, stainless steel single drainer sink
9`0 x 7`11 (2.75m x 2.40m) Under stairs cupboard
18`6 x 11`10 (5.65m x 3.60m) Rear access
14A PARK STREET - GROUND FLOOR
Shop depth 20`2 (6.15m) x width 16'1 (4.90m) GIA 324 sq.ft (30 sq.m) Single fronted shop unit, parquet flooring, kitchenette, toilet facilities
With a self contained rear access, the first and second floors have consent to be converted to 2 x two bedroomed flats and 1 x studio flat
To the rear of the property is a car parking for 2 vehicles and a storeroom which is to be converted to lockable storage if conversion of the upper floors takes place.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com