10 BEDROOMED B&B / HOLIDAY APARTMENTS OVERLOOKING MINEHEAD BAY, HAVING BEEN EXTENSIVELY REFURBISHED
* Substantial Edwardian property
* Beachside location with panoramic views over Minehead Bay and Bristol Channel
* Currently configured as 4 letting suites, 7 letting bedrooms
* Main accommodation utilised as substantial 3 bedroomed owners accommodation with kitchen, dining room, sitting room, lounge, conservatory
* Easily configured to offer 10 letting bedrooms if desired
* Having been extensively refurbished inside and out
* Gardens and car parking
* High net profit margin of 75%
* Potential residential development, subject to planning
Minehead which is the only town on the coast within the Exmoor National Park has a population of approximately 12,000 and lies approximately five miles to the east of Porlock. There are many attractions within the town of Minehead and in the immediate vicinity, including Butlins Holiday Camp and many sandy beaches.
The Esplanade offers uninterrupted and panoramic views of Minehead Bay and the Bristol Channel. Whilst sitting on the South West Coastal Footpath, The Esplanade is a short level walk to the Town Centre and adjoins The Avenue where are a wide variety of amenities including restaurants, bars, shops, banks, Post Office and leisure facilities including golf course and the historic steam railway.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a substantial Edwardian property, the main building is of three storey construction under a pitched tiled roof with a latter two storey extension adjoining. During our clients tenure they have undertaken an extensive refurbishment programme with very little left untouched, as such internal inspection is highly recommended to appreciate the quality of finish and size of accommodation on offer. Our clients utilise a large proportion of the property for owners accommodation although this could easily be configured to provide further letting rooms / suites. At present our clients let 4 suites (7 bedrooms) either on a B&B basis or as self catering. The property sits on an enviable plot with panoramic views of Minehead Bay whilst also benefitting from gardens and car parking.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
During our clients 4 year tenure the extensive refurbishment programme they have undertaken has resulted in 4 high quality letting / holiday suites, consisting of 7 bedrooms. Two of the four suites are offered as self catering apartments (2 bedrooms and 3 bedrooms) with the two remaining suites offered an a B&B basis by way of an in room continental breakfast. The adaptable accommodation is such that new owners may wish to continue operating as our clients do, alternatively the property could easily be configured as a 10 bedroomed B&B / Guest House or large holiday letting unit, with new owners utilising as much or as little of the substantial accommodation for their own purposes. The business has a highly profitable trade with a net profit margin of 75%.
The property is sold with an extensive trade inventory of fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
GROUND FLOOR - CURRENTLY UTILISED AS OWNERS ACCOMMODATION
Entrance hallway with reception desk, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
14`6 x 11`6 (4.40m 3.50m) Radiator heating, double glazing, carpet
22`6 x 13`11 (6.85m x 4.25m) Radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, fireplace with exposed brickwork surround
LOUNGE / BREAKFAST ROOM
19`1 x 13`11 (5.80m x 4.25m) Carpet, radiator heating, fireplace and surround, adjoining:-
24`3 x 10`4 (7.40m x 3.15m) Dual aspect, double glazing, carpet
26`0 x 19`0 (7.90m x 5.80m) Roof replaced in January 2017, panel radiator heating, double doors to garden, overlooking garden and Minehead Bay
Eye and base units, laminate flooring, radiator heating, single drainer sink unit, 5 burner gas hob and electric oven, double glazing
Radiator heating, laminate flooring, double glazing, plumbing for washing machine
Landing with carpet and radiator heating
4 piece family bathroom, laminate flooring, radiator heating, double glazing
15`3 x 13`10 (4.65m x 4.20m) Double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, coastal views
15`9 x 11`5 (4.80m x 3.50m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, coastal views
21`6 x 18`4 (6.55 m x 5.60 m) Bay window, balcony access, double glazing, radiator heating, feature fire and surround, adjoining four piece bathroom and separate dressing room
Self contained entrance to side
18`8 x 12`2 (5.70m x 3.70m) Double room, carpet, double glazing, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
19`0 x 17`10 (5.80 m x 5.45m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
BEACHVIEW SUITE, utilised as self catering accommodation
LOUNGE / DINER
19`0 x 17`3 (5.80m x 5.25m) Balcony, radiator heating, carpet, dining table, sofa seating, adjoining:-
Base units, single drainer sink, 4 burner electric hob and electric oven
15`4 x 5`9 (4.65m x 1.75m) Single, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
13`2 x 12`7 (4.00m x 3.85m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
PENTHOUSE SUITE, utilised as self catering accommodation, with garden terrace and sea views
Eye and base units, single drainer sink, 4 burner hob and electric oven
16`1 x 14`1 (4.90m x 4.30m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, sea views
13`4 x 10`0 (4.05m x 3.05m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, sea views
18`0 x 15`4 (5.50m x 4.65m) Twin, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, sea views, en-suite shower room
13`1 x 10`5 (4.00m x 3.15m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, sea views, 3 piece en-suite bathroom
There is a well maintained garden to the side of the property which is predominately laid to lawn with established trees and shrubs as well as a summer house. Gated car parking to the front of the property and additional parking space to the side of the property, utilised for The Penthouse.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the joint sole selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org