BOUTIQUE BED & BREAKFAST IN ELEVATED LOACTION OVERLOOKING POPULAR EXMOOR VILLAGE AND LYNMOUTH BAY
* High quality Victorian premises with far reaching coastal views
* Views from all letting bedrooms and many of the public rooms
* Character and high quality accommodation throughout
* 8 en-suite bedrooms, with 6 traded for Bed & Breakfast
* 5 Star Visit Britain Gold award
* Owners lounge, owners conservatory, sun terrace, guests lounge and breakfast room
* Breakfast room with triple aspect and panoramic views of Lynmouth Bay
* Currently operating B&B only 7 months of the year, with a turnover in excess of £100,000
* Grounds, gardens and private car parking
Situated in an elevated position enjoying panoramic views over the village, the surrounding Exmoor coastline and the sea, towards the Bristol Channel and the South Wales coastline. The property is ideally situated to explore Exmoor National Park, which is renowned for its moors and pastureland, with streams and rivers running down through deep wooded coombes and valleys to spectacular cliffs along the North Devon coastline.
The village of Lynton is twinned with the pretty village of Lynmouth, which offers a good range of everyday amenities, whilst the larger town of Ilfracombe and the regional centre of Barnstaple offer a complete range of amenities and leisure pursuits. The local area offers excellent walks, numerous riding opportunities, as well as coves and beaches, ranging from small sheltered locations such as Lee and Woody Bay, to the world renowned surfing beaches of Woolacombe, Putsborough and Croyde. There is also a choice of golf courses in the area, the closest being at Ilfracombe or Minehead.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Located in an elevated position, the property enjoys panoramic views across Lynton village, Lynmouth bay and the sea to the South Wales coastline in the distance. Highcliffe House is thought to have been built as a Gentleman’s residence in the late Victorian era and was constructed by the well known architect / engineer, Bob Jones, who was also responsible for Lynton Town Hall and the well known Lynton and Lynmouth water powered cliff railway. The property is now operated as a boutique Bed & Breakfast offering 8 en-suite bedrooms, 6 of which are utilised as letting bedrooms. The standard of accommodation on offer has enabled the property to achieve a 5 Star Visit Britain Gold award.
On the ground floor, there are two spacious and elegant reception rooms, along with the fantastic conservatory breakfast room, which enjoys triple aspect and panoramic views across Lynmouth Bay and the sea towards the South Wales coastline. There is a study / office, kitchen and a range of utility and storage rooms. The first floor comprises of four en-suite bedrooms with one of the main rooms benefiting from a balcony that also enjoys the spectacular views on offer. The second floor comprises four further en-suite bedrooms, two of which are utilised for owners accommodation. A particular feature of the property is the fabulous continuous staircase that rises all the way to the second floor, with feature stained glass window behind. The accommodation is bright, spacious and immaculately presented with the letting accommodation and reception rooms making the most of the stunning views on offer.
Within the grounds, there is planning permission for an owner’s / manager’s annexe, which is currently in the form of a turreted gazebo. The vendors have investigated different options with the planning authority, such as a "Tree House" lodge for holiday letting purposes. To the side of the property is a driveway with measured car parking for approximately 9 vehicles.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been in the same husband and wife ownership for the past 12 years, the business offers high quality Bed & Breakfast which is reflected in the average nightly income per room of £120. It is thought new owners may wish to offer evening meals as well as extending the trading season, with our clients undertaking a 7 month season. Our clients utilise the services of two self employed cleaners, working 3 days and 4 days per week respectively. Turnover for the past 3 years has been in excess of £100,000 with last year's net profit being £40,000, with the business having its own website with online booking system.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with a detailed inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Main Entrance, storm porch with quarry tiled floor, stained glass window, ceiling cornice leading to hallway
20`11 x 14`0 (6.35 m x 4.25 m) Bay window overlooking Lynmouth Bay, radiator heating, carpet, marble fireplace with inset gas fire, tiled hearth, ceiling rose, cornicing and picture rail
STUDY / OFFICE
15`1 x 10`0 (4.60 m x 3.05 m) Carpet, radiator heating, cornicing, picture rail, fireplace with electric fire, marble hearth
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
18`1 x 13`11 (5.50 m x 4.25 m) Slate fireplace with inset electric fire, tiled hearth, picture rail, ceiling rose and cornicing, down lighters, doors to:-
20`0 x 10`0 (6.10 m x 3.05 m) Triple aspect conservatory room overlooking Lynmouth Bay, carpet, table and chair covers for 12
Worktops, wine racks, dishwasher, stainless steel single drainer sink, water boiler, door and steps to basement with worktops, flagstone flooring
Eye and base units, worktops, tiled splash back, Altro non slip flooring, stainless steel double sink unit, stainless steel wash hand basin, 6 burner electric hob and oven, 4 burner gas hob and electric oven, hot cupboard, double extractor fan, dishwasher, microwave, fridge / freezer
Storage for crockery, glassware and 2 x bread makers
Wine chiller, 2 x freezers, fridge, salad fridge
OWNERS SECOND LOUNGE / SUN ROOM
13`3 x 12`4 (4.05 m x 3.75 m) Vinyl flooring, feature exposed stonework, double doors to sun terrace
Landing with stained glass window, carpet, radiator heating
15`11 x 9`6 (4.85 m x 2.90 m) Village and sea views, carpet, radiator heating, fireplace, 3 piece en-suite shower room with corner shower and wood panelling
17`6 x 14`0 (5.35 m x 4.25 m) Village and sea views, 2 sets of double doors to balcony with seating, carpet, radiator heating, picture rail, 3 piece en-suite bathroom with shower over, vinyl floor, tiled walls, radiator heating
HOUSE KEEPING CUPBOARD
18`8 x 14'6 (5.70 m x 4.40 m) Village and sea views, dual aspect, fireplace, radiator heating , carpet, picture rail, 3 piece en-suite bathroom with shower over
15`10 x 11`9 (4.80 m x 3.60 m) Village and sea views, dual aspect, carpet, radiator heating, fireplace, picture rail, 3 piece en-suite bathroom with shower over, tiled walls, radiator heating
Landing with stained glass window, carpet, loft access
17`10 x 15`9 (5.45 m x 4.80 m) Village and sea views, dual aspect, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece bathroom with shower over, tiled walls
18`8 x 14`7 (5.70 m x 4.45 m) Village and sea views, dual aspect, carpet, radiator heating, fireplace, 3 piece en-suite shower room, timber panelling, tiled splash back
16`6 x 14`0 (5.00 m x 4.25 m) Village and sea views, radiator heating, carpet, 3 piece bathroom with shower over, tiled walls, heated towel rail
14`8 x 10`4 (4.45 m x 3.15 m) Carpet, radiator heating, without sea view, 3 piece shower room , tiled walls, radiator heating
The property is accessed via a private driveway which also provides measured car parking for approximately 9 vehicles. There is a second driveway which our clients do not currently use which provides access to the other side of the property and could provide a self contained access should a self contained lodge be located on this side of the premises, subject to necessary consents. The majority of the land is sea facing but steep and is utilised as amenity land and areas to walk for the patrons, although there is a level paved sun terrace to the front of the property and a guests table seating area within the lower garden.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the joint sole selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org