RETAIL PREMISES WITH WORKSHOP / STUDIO AND 2 / 3 BEDROOMED FAMILY HOME AND GARDEN
* Retail premises with two feature bay windows and flag stone flooring
* Having been subject to much refurbishment during current ownership
* 2 x workshop / studio areas
* Two / Three bedroomed family accommodation over two floors, with double glazing and central heating
* Rear walled garden
* Located between Town Square and Waitrose Supermarket
* Internal inspection recommended to appreciate full extent of property
Holsworthy is a market town with an agricultural hinterland situated to the west of Devon approximately 20 miles south east of Bideford; 20 north west of Okehampton; 15 miles north of Launceston and 8 miles from Bude / Widemouth Bay, being part of the North Cornish coastline. The Town has a weekly pannier market within the Town Square as well as regular sales at the local Cattle Market. There have been a number of residential developments undertaken in the past few years with yet further currently under construction and planned.
The property is located on Chapel Street (A388), being the main arterial road through Holsworthy. Chapel Street connects to both the Town Square and Underlane which is the location of Waitrose Supermarket.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property is of two storey construction under a pitched slate roof with latter single storey extensions that provide workshop / studio space. Our client currently uses the premises as an artist gallery with studio space utilised for workshops and classrooms, although given the adaptable nature of the property this could be altered to suit the new owners trade. The owners accommodation is situated over two floors with a ground floor lounge having patio doors to the rear garden. At first floor level are two bedrooms, bathroom, toilet and a lounge / diner which could be utilised as an additional bedroom if desired. To the rear of the property is a patio garden area which can be accessed from the lounge or the rear studio. During our clients ownership she undertaken much refurbishment to the property including re-plastering, installation of roof lights, re-wiring etc, plumbing etc.
Our client is inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £1,875 Rates Payable: £904 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
22'8 x 16'8 max (6.90m x 5.10m) Central double glazed entrance door, flagstone flooring, 2 bay windows, spot lighting, fireplace, adjoining:-
Eye and base units, breakfast bar, storage cupboards, sink and drainer, roof light, carpet, radiator heating
Double glazed side access door, toilet with low level w.c. and wash hand basin
WORKSHOP / STUDIO
28'9 x 8'10 (8.75m x 2.70m) Twin double glazed doors to garden, carpet, strip lighting, stainless steel single drainer sink
18'10 x 13'9 (5.75m x 4.20m) Double glazed door to garden, carpet, picture rail, ceiling rose, tiled fire place with wood surround, radiator heating
Landing with carpet, radiator heating, double glazing and separate toilet
14'5 x 11'0 (440m x 3.35m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
16'10 x 9'5 (5.15m x 2.85m) Bay window, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
Bath with shower over and tiled splash back surround, wash hand basin, double glazing, radiator heating
KITCHEN / DINER
19`0 x 11`6 Breakfast bar, stainless steel single drainer sink, eye and base units, boiler, storage cupboards, double glazing, overlooking garden
To the rear of the property is a patio garden with established shrubs, flowers and trees and a greenhouse in one corner.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the joint sole selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com