DAYTIME COFFEE LOUNGE WITH OWNERS APARTMENT AND LETTING BEDROOMS
* Town Centre location close to High Street and car parking
* Daytime coffee lounge undertaking trade 6 days per week 9.30am - 3.30pm
* Refurbished main coffee lounge
* Bistro trade offered Friday and Saturday by way of pre-booking, scope to increase evening trade
* Extensive upper floors currently configured as 3 letting bedrooms and 2 bedroomed owners apartment
* Suitable for dual family occupation
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
The premises are situated within the pedestrianised thoroughfare of Allhalland Street which leads directly from the town's High Street. There are an assortment of mixed retail, office and leisure users in the immediate vicinity with both Lloyds TSB Bank and Superdrug fronting the High Street entrance to Allhalland Street. The municipal car park of Bridge Street is close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is of three storey construction with a dual pavement entrance to the front, and a ground floor providing a double frontage and two trading areas, with total covers of circa 40. The main coffee lounge has been refurbished within the past two years with the remainder of the ground floor providing overflow / second seating area, commercial kitchen, storage and utility areas and patrons’ toilets. Having formerly been two properties there are two staircases to the uppers floors, which were previously 2 apartments and are now configured as 3 letting bedrooms and a 2 bedroomed owners apartment. Dependent on new owners’ requirements the upper floors could be utilised entirely as owner’s accommodation, making it suitable for dual family occupation. To the rear of the property is a patio garden area.
Our client is inviting offers for the Leasehold interest of their business and an assignment of the existing 6 year lease. The current rent is £1,210 per month for the entire premises.
The business is owned by a husband and wife partnership and is for sale due to other business commitments. Due to these commitments the day to day operation of the coffee lounge is undertaken by one of our clients with the assistance of 1 member of staff. As and when evening bistro trade is undertake both of our clients undertake the operation of this. Current opening hours are 9.30am - 3.30pm 6 days per week, Friday and Saturday evenings by way of pre-booked minimum of 8 - 10 customers. Our clients offer quality locally sourced teas and coffees, vintage afternoon tea, light lunches, snacks, sandwiches, homemade quiches, paninis etc. The business is not VAT registered with turnover for last year being £75,000.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Central entrance door, counter servery, chiller display, two handled coffee machine, table and chair and sofa seating providing covers for circa 20 (further details to be added upon second inspection when photographs taken)
SECOND SEATING AREA
Wood flooring, wood panelling, covers for circa 20, fireplace with inset electric fire
Worktops, 6 burner oven, single deep fat fryer, extractor system, non slip flooring, double contact grill, toaster, stainless steel wash hand basin, double sink unit, 2 x fridges, door to outside and raised patio area
UTILITY ROOM / STOREROOM
2 x freezers, assorted storage shelving, racking and plumbing for washing machine
2 x PATRONS TOILETS
There are two staircases to the first floor which are currently configured as follows:-
LETTING BEDROOM 1
Double, laminate flooring, radiator heating
LETTING BEDROOM 2
Double with kitchenette
THREE PIECE SHOWER ROOM
LETTING BEDROOM 3
Double with adjoining bedroom / lounge
Second staircase with access to:-
FIRST FLOOR - This section is currently utilised as owners accommodation
THREE PIECE BATHROOM
Eye and base units, vinyl flooring, stainless steel sink unit
LOUNGE / DINER
Radiator heating, carpet
Double, carpet, radiator heating
Double, carpet, radiator heating
THREE PIECE SHOWER ROOM
To the rear of the property is a raised patio area.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org