QUAYSIDE CAFE WITH UNIQUE TRADING LOCATION AND OUTSIDE COVERS FOR 44
* Highly prominent Quayside location with high passing trade and pedestrian flow
* Alfresco covers for 44 with inside covers for 18
* Highly profitable trade with scope for evening trade and premises licence
* Husband and wife operation with part time staffing
* Operating daytime hours only
* Manageable menu including hot and cold drinks, cream teas, snacks, light lunches etc
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
The property is located in a highly enviable Quayside trading location with a wide variety of retail and office users in the immediate vicinity. Located close to Riverbank Car Park and Victoria Park the property is well positioned to attract passing trade from those walking into the Town as well as the business being the first coffee shop / cafe potential customers reach from Riverbank Coach Park.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a double fronted lock up cafe / coffee shop unit with inside covers for 18 and a table licence for 44 covers outside overlooking the Quayside. Internally the property is fitted with a counter servery / preparation area with an adjoining kitchen for ease of management. To the rear of the cafe are toilet facilities.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest and an assignment of the existing lease which has a current rent of £8,436 per annum.
Our husband and wife clients have owned the business since 2010 and operate with one member of staff throughout the year (16 hours per week average) with seasonal part time staff as and when required. Current opening hours are 9am - 3pm winter, 9am - 4pm summer (5.30pm during summer holidays). Our clients offer a manageable menu including hot and cold drinks, cream teas, light lunches, snacks, cakes etc. Turnover for the past 3 years has been between £139,000 - £148,000 with net profits of between £40,000 - £47,000. It is thought there is still further scope with evening opening and the introduction of a premises licence.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
CAFE / COFFEE SHOP
27`2 x 19`1 (8.30 m x 5.80 m) Table, chair and bench seating for 18 covers, laminate flooring, counter servery, till, chilled serve over counter, under counter freezer, 2 x under counter fridges, coffee grinder, 3 x milk shake makers, double coffee machine, water urn, adjoining:-
Tiled floor, stainless steel single drainer sink, commercial freezer, chiller fridge, dishwasher, 2 x microwaves, down lighters,2 x griddles, 6 slice toaster, CCTV and music system
Cloakroom with Velux window leading to toilet with low level w.c., wash hand basin
Owning to shop frontage, 11 tables providing covers for circa 44
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org