DOUBLE FRONTED RETAIL UNIT ADJACENT TO TOWNS HIGH STREET
Geographically, Barnstaple sits on the banks of the River Taw near the North Devon coastline. The area enjoys a unique topography with an extensive sandy beach coastline and close proximity to Exmoor National Park. Barnstaple has expanded from its market town origins, to become the area's Regional Centre. Several national house builders are completing residential developments within the town and its suburbs. Commercially the town contains many of the major national retailers and several edge of town developments have been completed. The sustained wealth and growth of the area has been enhanced following the building of the A361 linking North Devon to the M5 at Tiverton. The road network has been further enhanced by the construction of the downstream bridge at an estimated cost of £40m.
The unit is situated close to the junction of the High Street and Joy Street. Being a pedestrianised thoroughfare, Joy Street connects to both the town's High Street and Boutport Street. There are an assortment of mixed retail, office and leisure users within close proximity including TSB Bank, Clinton Cards, Costa, JD Sports as well as Banbury’s Department Store. The entrance to both Green Lanes Shopping Centre and its Multi Storey car park are also close by.
Arranged as a double fronted retail unit with central entrance door, first floor stockroom and toilet facilities.
Gross Frontage 21`0 (6.40 m)
Shop Depth (max) 38`0 (11.60 m)
Internal Width (max) 17`7 (5.35 m)
Gross Internal Area 668 sq.ft 62 sq.m
Specification includes carpeted floor, spot lighting, strip lighting, kitchenette / stockroom, toilet with low level w.c. and wash hand basin. At first floor level is a stockroom of circa 177 sq.ft (16 sq.m)
The premises are made available by way of a new lease term, with short and long term propositions considered upon merit.
A variety of uses within Class A1 of the Town and Country (Use Classes Order 1987).
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £14,500 Rates Payable: £6,989 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
Each party is responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Strictly by prior appointment through the sole agents, JD Commercial.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com