TEA ROOM AND TEA GARDEN WITH PROFITABLE TRADE AND SELF CONTAINED OWNERS ACCOMMODATION
* Character Tea Room with covers for 36
* Walled Tea Garden providing further covers for 30, as well a private owners garden area
* Highly profitable trade, T/O £140,000, net profit £41,000
* Currently undertaking daytime trade only
* Extensively refurbished during owners 5 year tenure
* Located close to Quayside within popular Estuary side village
* Self contained 2 bedroomed accommodation suitable for owners use or holiday letting
Appledore is a quaint port and ship building village with the most picturesque quayside and narrow cobbled streets providing a range of amenities including mini Supermarket, Post Office, Primary School, Library, places of worship, a selection of Galleries and Craft Shops together with many Pubs and Restaurants. Nearby is Northam Burrows Country Park offering many attractive walks and stunning vistas, and Westward Ho!, with its long sandy beaches and championship Golf Course. A regular bus service provides access to the port and market town of Bideford, approximately 3 miles distant, where a wide range of national and local shopping, banking and recreational facilities can be found. The A39 North Devon Link Road provides access to the regional centre of Barnstaple.
The property is located on Market Street, which runs parallel to The Quay. There are mixed residential and commercial operators in the immediate vicinity including Galleries, Restaurants, Public Houses, Newsagents and Post Office.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property provides character and well maintained accommodation throughout with our clients having undertaken significant work to the Grade II Listed property during their ownership. The premises is of two storey construction under a pitched slate roof with a ground floor single fronted tea room which provides covers for circa 36 as well as character surroundings with exposed stone walling, pine flooring, exposed beams and feature fireplace. At first floor level is private accommodation suitable for owners use, holiday or permanent letting given that it has its own street level access. This area consist of two bedroomed accommodation, bathroom and character kitchen / living room. There are two outside areas to the rear of the property the majority of which is utilised as a walled tea garden for a further 30 covers, although there is also decked private area leading off the main bedroom.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been owned by our husband and wife clients for the past 5 years not only have they sympathetically refurbished the property but they have also established a meaningful business with turnover for 2016 yearend being £142,000 providing a net profit of £42,000. Opening hours are currently daytime only, 7 days per week, 10am - 4pm / 5pm dependent on the time of year. The business is operated by the wife of the husband and wife team with a pool of 7 part time members of staff, with generally 2 staff during winter months and up to 5 during summer months. Our clients chooses to take 2 days off per week, at which times the business is operated solely by the staff, given scope for new owners to reduce the wage bill. The current menu offers traditional tea room fayre including hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, quiches, cakes, cream teas, light lunches etc.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property is Grade II Listed, therefore an Energy Performance Certificate is not required.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
33`3 x 15`11 (10.15 m x 4.85 m) Single fronted premises with covers for circa 36, pine flooring, exposed stone walling, timber wainscoting, back lit feature fireplace, Rointe heating, counter servery, double coffee machine, coffee bean grinder, coffee percolator, till, water urn, door to rear tea garden
Non slip flooring, fridge, chiller, chest freezer, worktops, Kenwood mixer, 2 x microwaves, roller grill, Blue Seal oven, dishwasher, wash hand basin, stainless steel double drainer sink, adjoining pantry with preparation area
Tiled walls and floor, low level w.c, wash hand basin
STORE / STAFF TOILET
Storage area and staff toilet with low level w.c., wash hand basin
Within tea garden, ideal for storage of garden furniture etc
Terraced tea garden with patio, gravel and floral borders providing covers for circa 30 including raised decked area
Self contained street level entrance to side of tea room, stairs leading to:-
Landing with carpet, loft hatch and radiator heating
KITCHEN / LIVING ROOM
21`3 x 17`2 (6.45 m x 5.25 m) Eye and base units, stainless steel single drainer sink, dishwasher, laminate floor, electric oven with gas rings, boiler, down lighters, carpet
15`10 x 12`0 (4.80 m x 3.65 m) Carpet, radiator heating, fireplace with wood surround
9`10 x 9`3 (3.00 m x 2.80 m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazed doors to private decked area
3 piece bathroom with electric shower over, vinyl flooring, heated towel rail
The owners private decked area is fenced and adjoins the tea garden meaning access to the owners accommodation can be made either from the front of the property or from rear decked area.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org